Associate Landscape Architect/Urban Designer
ASPECT Studios is a group of design studios designing places where people want to be. We have been recognised through numerous industry awards and commissions for our designs which deliver innovation, and a generous and human-centred approach to landscape architecture and urban design within Australia and internationally. We have studios in Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Shanghai.
We are currently hiring for a Landscape Architect or Urban Designer at an Associate level within our Redfern, Sydney studio.
We asked our team: What do you love about working at ASPECT?
They said it’s about a feeling of family here, being a part of a design movement bigger than themselves. Our new Redfern studio which looks out across our leafy neighbourhood, watching the weather roll by it’s easy to be inspired here. The opportunity to work on rewarding collaborations in a place where there are no barriers to ideas and everybody from graduate to senior associate has a voice and a reason to come to work each day.
About the Role
We are currently hiring for the role of Associate to be part of the leadership of one of our three teams. We anticipate you will have 8+ years of experience.
Our studio of 45 people is comprised of three teams of 8-10 people, each lead by an Associate and Senior Associate. Within each team are Senior Landscape Architects who manage their own projects large and small. You will also manage your own projects whilst providing continual oversight and mentorship to your team.
To support you, you can draw on the fresh perspective of our Senior Associates responsible for design and technical quality, our Director Sacha Coles and Studio Director Kate Luckraft, as well as our weekly peer review sessions with our other teams.
- Lead a team (approx. 6-8 team members)
- Mentor our Senior Landscape Architects/Project Leaders
- History of proven design excellence and project management of complex multi-disciplinary projects
- Expertise in design, project inception, and documentation through to completion of construction
- Significant knowledge of the local Australian regulatory building and planning environment
- Experience in presenting in a variety of formal and informal settings
- Ability to model and impart confidence in the studio to identify and pre-empt problems, find learning opportunities for the team and generate new ideas and solutions
- Keenness to undertake research, bringing in industry connections and specialised knowledge in order to help your team make informed decisions.
- Be a steward of our office culture, to influence and foster a great work environment
ASPECT Studios Benefits
- A national training plan to support CPD
- A calendar of weekly in and out of office social events/ presentations
- Visits to built projects and industry events
- A strong professional development focus
We asked our team: How would you describe our people and projects?
Our 45 strong office is about as diverse as it comes in both people and projects. We bring together architects, landscape architects and urban designers from all backgrounds and corners of the globe to practice landscape architecture. From large city sculpting infrastructure projects, to pocket parks, green walls, sky terraces and everything in between, we work hard to cultivate people and projects that provide opportunities for personal growth and creative conversation.
The practice of public space design at ASPECT Studios is intense, but we love it and find it a privilege to work with high profile national and international clients. Our clients are as passionate as we are in our pursuit of quality and innovation, empowering us with the freedom to connect the natural environment, built form and people.
How to apply
Salary commensurate with experience and negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please email or mail your CV and work examples in strict confidence to ASPECT Studios Pty Ltd.
For inquiries please call Emma Skea, Studio Manager on 02 9699 7182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those with Australian permanent residency need to apply.
Please visit www.aila.org.au/jobs for more available job opportunities.