City of Parramatta
Temporary 2 years
Ref No. 0116/17
Parramatta is Sydney’s second CBD with a vibrant economy, diverse workforce, and a rich mix of cultural and recreational facilities. Council is strongly focussed on setting the city’s strategic direction as a major regional hub for services, manufacturing, shopping and entertainment, while delivering the best possible services to our local community. We are seeking people with a team-oriented client service approach who will contribute to the continuous improvement of Council’s facilities and services.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a Landscape Architecture Team working on a diverse range of project scales and types. The team is a creative, fast paced and well respected group who are highly regarded for excellence in open space design, environmental design, foreshore design, cycleways, urban parks, streetscapes and town centres. Our projects offer exposure to a wide range of professional landscape architecture activities and responsibilities from design inception through to construction. This position would suit an enthusiastic person who has a great interest in designing and documenting projects for construction.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates must provide a separate written statements against each of the following selection criteria:
- Recognised degree qualification in Landscape Architecture with between 2 to 5 years experience and eligible to be a member of the National Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA).
- Proven experience in working as part of design teams, interpreting project and design briefs on a range of landscape design projects, ensuring the client’s needs are met, adherence to all statutory requirements, relevant Australian Standards, design guidelines and being able to document and detail such.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a practical approach to design within a budget.
- Demonstrate relevant experience in liaising and negotiating with internal clients, external organisations, government agencies and the general public to successfully negotiate, mediate and resolve design projects.
- Demonstrate proficient use of design software including AutoCAD / VectorWorks and working knowledge of Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and graphic communication skills.
Also, your application is to include a Resume and a Portfolio of projects (maximum 5 pages) that show cases skills, interests and abilities.
For further information regarding this role or to email your application, please contact the Supervisor Landscape Architecture Adam Cook on 9806 8220.
Salary: A salary range of $82,695.12 to $91,046.20 p.a. (plus Superannuation) is applicable depending on skills, knowledge & experience.
Closing Date: 4:00pm Tuesday 2 May 2017.
How to apply:
Quoting the relevant Ref No. candidates MUST address the selection criteria outlined on our website at www.parracity.nsw.gov.au/council/employment OR call our Customer Contact Centre on 9806 5050.
Parramatta City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit www.aila.org.au/jobs for more available job opportunities.