AILA Victoria Environment Committee
Environment Committee Chair - Dr Meredith Dobbie
AILA Victoria Environment Committee is committed to advance Landscape Architects as leaders in the ongoing stewardship of the built and natural environment, ecologically sustainable development, adaptive and regenerative landscape architecture, and collaboration and advocacy within the profession and wider community.
Objectives of the Environment Committee:
- To undertake activities that put sustainability issues to the fore of landscape architecture practice, and to integrate environmental sustainability within the profession.
- To facilitate Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events that illustrate, advocate and promote Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) principles, and provide CPD opportunities for regional members.
- To advocate for environmental issues related to landscape architecture, including environmentally sustainable development, by such means as lobbying government and other professional bodies and preparing submissions.
- To encourage Landscape Architects to contribute to the activities of the Environment Committee by whatever means is convenient for them.
- To promote the role of landscape architecture to develop site-specific solutions and sustainable outcomes that address climate change and provide strategies for adaptation.
- To strengthen relationships with other relevant professional bodies and universities.
- To provide a forum for discussion of environmental issues relevant to landscape architecture.
Members: Gary Bateman, Veronica Carrasco, Tara Cull, Meredith Dobbie, David Dreadon, Kate Dundas, Barrie Gallacher, Skye Haldane, Adrian Marshall, Zoe Metherell, Charles Nilson, Sue Ozanne, Danielle Rancourt, Sarah Rivett, Martin Rowland, Sarah Ryan, Natalie Sheffield, Ana Susanj, Joan Tachado, Scott Watson, Katie Williams, Gabrielle Zhang.
Click here for the Terms of Reference