The Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA) is the peak national organisation representing and harnessing the collective interests of the Australian Landscape Architecture professions and oversees the professional recognition of Registered Landscape Architects. AILA currently has 1,500 members, with a goal of increasing membership to 2,000 within the next three years.
The Australian Institute of Landscape Architects:
- Is the vehicle by which the Landscape Architecture profession is able to raise awareness, initiate and lead engagement with the wider community on issues of strategic importance to the natural and built environment
- Provides leadership in education, professional development and ethical behaviour of members
- Actively anticipates and develops a leading position on issues of concern relating to the design, planning, management and stewardship of the natural and built environment
- Seeks to be comprehensively acknowledged in this role by allied professions, by political and community leaders and by the wider public
I would like to apply to be a Registered Landscape Architect
I would like to apply for Senior Entry to be a Registered Landscape Architect
I would like to apply for Student membership
I would like to apply for Graduate membership
I would like to apply for Retired membership
I am qualified in a related profession, trade or industry (Affiliate membership)
Application for Leave Status
Registered or graduate members of AILA may apply for Leave from their AILA Membership for home duties, maternity or paternity leave, study leave, periods of no paid employment or other similar circumstances. This status is not available to Affiliate or Student members.
Leave may be taken for a period of up to two years without any cost. Members will not be required to pay a re-joining fee when re-engaging their membership after the period of leave.
There are two options for leave from your AILA membership;
- No fees: You are essentially on complete leave from AILA membership. You will not receive any communications, member benefits or interaction from AILA within this time, unless you contact us to re-engage.
- Fee reduction: 50% discount on your applicable membership rate, whereby you will retain all entitlements such as communications and member benefits.
Application form for Leave Status (.doc)
Application form for Leave Status (PDF)