The membership category of Fellowship is an honour that AILA may bestow upon Registered members of AILA, and is made in recognition of distinguished service to AILA and/or the profession in Australia.
The criteria for fellowship are:
1. Distinguished service to AILA and/or
2. Distinguished service to the profession of landscape architecture in Australia at either/or both a national and state level.
1. The AILA Fellow Nomination Form is to be completed by two registered members acting as Proposer and Seconder.
2. A 'Citation' is to be completed by the Proposer and Seconder, and is to accompany the completed AILA Fellow Nomination Form.
3. The completed nomination form and citation, along with a CV (if possible) are to be presented confidentially to the relevant State Executive, for the purposes of verifying the information, providing any additional supporting information, and supporting the nomination.
4. After the State Executive has endorsed the nomination, the completed nomination form and citation, along with a CV (if possible) are to be forwarded via email AILA’s national office at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. AILA’s Board will evaluate the nomination at their next scheduled meeting or via flying minute.
6. If approved, the Nominee is invited to accept Fellowship, and communication of this invitation is to come through the State Chapter.
7. The State Chapter will work with the nominated Fellow to ensure the citation and record of service of the Fellow is full and accurate.
8. On acceptance, the membership is advised through publication on AILA’s website and presented with the Fellow acknowledgement at the next appropriate State Chapter Event.
Nominations can be received at any time, but the nomination will only be submitted to National Board for consideration at the next scheduled meeting. If timing of a decision is important, it is strongly encouraged that those preparing the nomination be aware of the dates of scheduled National Board meetings, including the dates in which papers are due for those meeting. This information can be obtained from AILA’s national office at email@example.com. At their discretion, the AILA Board may choose to review a nomination via flying minute
Download the Guidelines for preparing a Fellowship nomination
Download the Fellowship nomination form