Presentation 1: Designing and Selecting Outdoor Exercise Solutions for People of all Ages
Children and the youth have different needs and expectations for physically active outdoor spaces and the same applies to working age adults and our more senior citizens. Demographics are changing and so are our children’s waistlines; but are our design considerations? Learn about the wide variety of options available today for public spaces that promote physical activity.
Key learning outcomes:
- to describe the main differences in design of traditional adults’ exercise equipment and that of seniors’
- to describe considerations for maximisation of exercise park patronage
- to explain how to cater for a wide range of demographics
Presenter: Julian Thomas– Sure Play http://www.sureplay.com.au/ and http://www.lappset.com/global/en
Presentation 2: Specification of timber coatings
To increase the lifespan of timber, many species need to be coated. But, with so many different timber coatings available, it can be confusing to choose the right one. Design is one of the most important factors when deciding on a coating, as your choice will determine what you, and the client, wants the timber to look like now, and into the future.
This presentation will give you greater confidence in specifying timber coatings by explaining;
- Describe what coating options are available
- Name factors to consider when choosing a coating
- Explain why maintenance is important
Presenter: TBC, Trade - Intergrain www.intergrain.com.au
Date: Friday 1 May 2015
Time: 8:00am - 9:30am
Venue: Aquarius On The Beach 75 The Strand , Townsville Qld 4810
Cost: free for AILA members, $40 for non-AILA members
Light breakfast will be served.