SOLD OUT!! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be on the waitlist
Please note due to the COVID-19 restrictions in place, this event will now be delivered to our members as a webinar, very limited spots are available to guaranty a high level of engagement from participants and presenter.
We have had to move this event to the 14th May 2020, registrants have been notified via phone call or email.
AILA NSW is proud to bring our members a new CPD Program of workshop sessions with a variety of knowledgeable presenters on an array of interesting and relevant topics. For our third session, Crosbie Lorimer, Managing Director of Clouston Associates, brings us a workshop on Strategic Planning for the Public Realm.
A PUBLIC REALM PLANNING MASTERCLASS DESIGNED FOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS
In a context in which ‘design-led’ approaches to our public realm are being progressively championed, few in the built environment professions have a strong grasp on the strategic planning metrics that underpin a successful and valued public realm.
For instance, how confident are we when a client asks us such questions as:
- How much open space is enough?
- How accessible does open space need to be in different contexts?
- What is the best balance of open space for structured and unstructured recreation?
- What is the role of the public realm in green infrastructure networks?
This practical and interactive workshop explores these and related topics through the prism of national and international experience and best practice, demonstrating the critical role of well-developed strategic planning in delivering great design outcomes.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Best practice metrics for quality, quantity and distribution of open space
- Practical strategies for delivering green infrastructure corridors
- Changing trends in recreation and particularly sport
- Public realm responses in the era of climate change
- The economic value of the public realm.
THIS MASTERCLASS IS VALUABLE IF YOUR ROLE INCLUDES:
- Planning or designing parks, streetscapes and green infrastructure corridors
- Working with planners, ecologists and engineers
- Engaging with stakeholders and the broader community
- Advocating for better public realm outcomes.
Crosbie Lorimer, Landscape Architect and Landscape Ecologist.
Managing Director - CLOUSTON Associates
After three decades of project involvement in the public realm, in many varied urban and regional contexts across Australia, Crosbie Lorimer is still on a sharp learning curve! In those rewarding years which have included project leadership in environments that range from city centres to the Red Centre, Crosbie has been persuaded that some consistent principles and simple metrics, when combined with time spent understanding a place and its people, will generate powerful and enduring outcomes for our public realm.
Date: NEW DATE: Thurs 14th MAY 8:30am-12:30pm
Location: ONLINE as a WEBINAR [via Zoom- link will be provided in event reminder]
Cost: $200 inc GST for members, $300 inc GST for non-members
CPD accrued for attendance : 7 points formal
Make sure you register quickly as we only have a very limited number of spots available!