The Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA) is taking a leadership role to ensure the landscape architecture profession is as inclusive, diverse, and equitable as it can possibly be.
The Census Report 2001-2016 – Women in Landscape Architecture (Dr. Gill Matthewson, Monash XYX Lab and Parlour with AILA 2018) offers extensive evidence that there is:
- a stark distribution by gender for part-time workers skewed towards women
- an overall gender pay gap for full-time workers of 10% and up to 29% in some age groups
- a strong skew to men working long hours (more than 48 hours per week)
- a significant pay gap between men and women at senior levels
- a very high number of women working as owners of unincorporated business.