The pandemic outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus) is causing unprecedented impact across the world. The Australian Institute of Landscape Architects wishes to acknowledge that at this difficult time the health and wellbeing of our members, partners, staff and community is foremost in our minds.
The current situation continues to evolve rapidly. We will continue to update this page with important information to assist members during this time.
Some areas to consider include:
- Your People - have you got measures in place to support the health and wellbeing of your staff through advice on working from home, client interactions, site visits and events and what they should do if they are feeling unwell
- Your Customers and Suppliers - Have you communicated to your clients and contractors any changes to contact hours, deadlines, travel restrictions or general changes to your business operations
- Cash flow and financing - Do you need to renegotiate terms with clients or contractors? How will any delays impact your cash flow.
- Government support - Have you investigated what support is available to you as an individual or your organisation during this time? View the Business.gov.au website and the relevant state pages for more information
- Check with your insurance provider to reassess your insurance cover
- Communication channels - Be proactive about communicating with your business stakeholders
- Engage with AILA and let us know how we can help support you - what resources would benefit you during this period.