Advance your career as an AILA Registered Landscape Architect. Registration is available to university-qualified landscape architects with at least two years’ experience.
Registration intakes occur in February and August each year.
Applications for Registration in 2020 will open on Saturday 1 February and close COB Saturday 29 February 2020.
Expand your network
- attend state-based networking and events
- go international, with automatic membership of the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA)
- engage with allied professions through membership of the Australian Council of Built Environment Design Professionals
See your talents recognised
- enter AILA’s State and National Awards program
- use the ‘AILA’ suffix after your name
Grow your business
- receive both individual and practice profile on our website and access to post job vacancies
Improve your expertise
- gain discounted access to workshops, seminars and online continued professional development
- contribute to National Council or state and national committees
- stay up-to-date with industry trends, insights, events and product discounts via national and state eNewsletters
Share your knowledge
- contribute to online forums and eNewsletters
- connect with the next generation through AILA’s Mentor Program
Who can apply?
Applications for Registered Landscape Architect membership are invited from landscape architecture
professionals who have completed an AILA accredited landscape architecture qualification and have been
practising for at least two years of full time work post-graduation from an accredited degree. There are a
number of options available to assist applicants’ eligibility:
- If the applicant has been a Registered Landscape Architect with AILA in the past and would like
to re-join, the applicant may apply as a Re-joining Member .
- If the applicant has been working as a landscape architect for eight or more years and has an
AILA accredited landscape architecture qualification, then the applicant may be eligible
for Senior Entry .
- If the applicant has been working as a landscape architect for less than eight years but you did
not graduate with an AILA accredited degree, then the applicant may be eligible for Equivalence .
Tax deductible fees associated with registration.
- Application fee: $220 inc. GST at the point an application is submitted. Applications for RLA will not be
assessed until the application fee has been paid in full.
- Registration fee: $620 inc. GST prior to commencement of mentorship.
Annual fee: successful applicants will be treated as Registered Landscape Architects and charged a fee calculated on a pro-rata rate based on the acceptance date to establish their fees under that financial year.
For information on on deferral fees and fees for unsuccessful applicants, please refer to our Membership Policy .
Application Process & Timeline
2020 Application Round
Application form and fee submitted from 3 February to 28 February
AILA reviews application and approves, including approval of proposed Mentor.
Registration fee payable upon approval.
Applicant to commence 12 months mentorship program.
Download Mentorship Guide.
Mentor’s assessment report submitted mid month to AILA following 12 month mentorship.
AILA information workshop held to help you prepare for interview. (Local State Chapter will provide details)
Oral assessment/interview with State Chapter. Interview results sent to National office by Chapter.
Certification - AILA issues interview results and if successful, Registration certificate.
Part-payment of the first year’s annual registration fees.
Once you choose the APPLY NOW option, you will be prompted to complete a sign in form. If you do not have an AILA profile, please create a new profile by providing a username and password. For any assistance, please contact AILA.