HOW TO ENTER
Nominate a project featuring exceptional lighting design that you have designed – this must be a built project. Entries are free! Before beginning your entry submission, read the entry conditions (following). Submitting an entry means that you have read and agreed to the Entry Conditions outlined, including obtaining appropriate releases and authorities in writing from clients, collaborating organisations, copyright holders for entry submission materials, licensees, photographers and where applicable, the principal/director of your organisation. Entries close midnight on 19 August 2019.
Entries are open across four regions:
1. Queensland and Northern Territory
2. New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory
3. Victoria and Tasmania
4. South Australia and Western Australia
Step A: Read the Entry Information including entry guidelines
Step B: Complete the submission form via our online platform Awards Force. This can be saved and edited at any point up into submissions closing.
That’s it! You’ll receive confirmation of your entry and in due course, your project will be featured as part of the online gallery ready for People's Choice voting to open on 21 August 2019.
Note: You can enter multiple projects into this competition. Simply complete a separate entry for each project.
2. Share: After submissions have closed, you’ll receive details of how to promote your entry via the online gallery and encourage your networks to vote. The top 5 entries per region with the most public votes will progress to the next round – the National Jury Judging.
3. Win: See below for prize details.
Submissions extend to Monday 19 August 2019 at midnight. Enter now.
There will be one (1) Major Prize awarded to a National Winner, and four (4) Minor Prizes, of which one (1) will be awarded to each Regional Winner.
Each Regional Finalist will win:
One (1) complimentary full Festival Pass to the 2019 International Festival of Landscape Architecture Conference including flights and one night accomodation.
The prize does not cover on ground transport.
The National Winner will win:
One (1) complimentary full Festival Pass to the 2019 International Festival of Landscape Architecture Conference. The prize does not cover transport or accommodation.
One (1) return airfare from their nearest capital city to WE-EF LIGHTING Design and Manufacturing Centre in Bangkok, Thailand, in early 2020, with all-expenses paid including accommodation, meals and on ground transport.
The Judging Criteria refers to a set of benchmarks by which Submissions will be judged by The Jury.
1. Demonstrate that a professional lighting design was undertaken for this project – please provide details of the lighting design practice, engineering practice or the lighting manufacturer/supplier, tasked with the lighting design.
2. Provide a short brief (1-2 sentences) for the lighting design concept. What was the main design objective for the lighting scheme?
3. Demonstrate how lighting complements the design of the space by day – enhancing, changing visibility, hiding, revealing (2-3 sentences).
4. Showcase how lighting enhances the use and experience of the space after dark (2-3 sentences).
5. Highlight lighting creativity, problem-solving and thinking-outside-the-box. What is unique or innovative about the use of lighting on the project? What unique challenges have been successfully overcome? (1-2 sentences).
6. How did you take Dark Sky considerations (prevention of lighting pollution) into account for this project? (1-2 sentences).
WHO CAN ENTER
Entry into the After Dark Competition is open to a person who is a current, financial member of the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects.
Entry into the After Dark Competition is open to a person who is a current, financial member of the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects. This includes:
- AILA Registered Landscape Architects
- AILA Registered Landscape Architect Applicants
- AILA Members
- AILA Graduate Members