Consolidate your career as an AILA Registered Landscape Architect. Registration is available to qualified landscape architects and landscape design professionals with at least eight years’ experience.
Expand your network
- attend state-based networking and events
- go international, with automatic membership of the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA)
- engage with allied professions through membership of the Australian Council of Built Environment Design Professionals
See your talents recognised
- enter AILA’s State and National Awards program
- use the ‘AILA’ suffix after your name
Grow your business
- receive both individual and practice profile on our website and access to post job vacancies
Improve your expertise
- gain discounted access to workshops, seminars and online continued professional development
- contribute to National Council or state and national committees
- stay up-to-date with industry trends, insights, events and product discounts via national and state eNewsletters
Share your knowledge
- contribute to online forums and eNewsletters
- connect with the next generation through AILA’s Mentor Program
Who can apply?
Applications for Registered Landscape Architect (Senior) membership are invited from qualified landscape architects and landscape design professionals with at least eight years’ experience. Three are three categories of senior applications, all of which are applied for using the same form.
- Standard Senior Entry (with an Accredited Degree)
Applicants hold an AILA accredited landscape architecture degree (or international equivalent), have not previously been an AILA Registered Member and have at least eight years’ experience.
- Equivalence (with equivalent Qualifications/Experience)
Professionals with recognised practice in landscape architecture with at least eight years’ experience, but do not possess a qualification from an AILA accredited tertiary course. The applicant, in most cases, would be required to have an equivalent level of university qualification. Read more.
- Full Member of an Overseas Institute
Landscape architects who are 'full professional members' of their overseas institute. The relevant overseas institute should be a member of the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA).
If you have been a Registered Landscape Architect with AILA in the past and would like to re-join, you can apply as a Re-joining Member.
Initial application fee: $220 inc GST. Due on application submission.
Once you have successfully completed your interview, your membership fee will be calculated on a pro-rata basis til the end of the financial year. (30th June)
Annual Membership fee: $620 inc GST
Deferral fee: please click here to refer to our Membership Policy.
How to apply
Applications for registration are open year round.
Senior applications are sent to the National Membership Committee in the first week of every month for review.
Following approval of your application, interviews are scheduled by the local state Chapter in March/April and September/October every year. Mid year interviews may be conducted pending applications - please check in with your local state Chapter for more information. Please click here to view relevant documents to help prepare for your interview.